Is from the book one thousand gifts by Ann Voskamp [a dare to live fully right where you are]
Grace. thanksgiving, joy. Eucharisteo.
Charis. Grace.
Eucharisteo. Thanksgiving.
Chara. Joy.
A Greek word.. that might make meaning of everything?
Thanksgiving, giving thanks in everything-- in order to fully experience fullness of our salvation. Living the saved life.
Everything-- including heartbreak. "The losses that puncture our world, our own emptiness, might actually be places to see (through God)"
What do we hunger for?
We live in a world that has many blurry moments, addicted to speed, and that is always one step ahead of the game. Many of us do not live in the moment and are worried, pressured and in a hurry on many accounts. "Hurry always empties a soul. Hurry makes us hurt" In order to fill our tanks up, we must be thank-FULL. We must live in the moment, appreciate what is right in front of us, without fear ["opposite of faith is fear"]. We all hunger for life, checking things off our bucket list-- but could it possibly be that we just need to have the hunger to taste life with God being the main source of life?
"It's only when you live the prayer of thanksgiving that you live the power of trusting God"
John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
We have everyday blessings that often times we overlook. We must find joy living in the moment and not getting caught up in the midst of drama, deadlines, routines and other things. It is true that we cane be at peace in God's presence and bring us to a deep and long lasting happiness.
As I reflect on reading this book I realized many things about my own personal walk with God. I am very excited to be able to raise support of Mission Year-- but need to slow down! I am prayerfully preparing myself, those who I will be working along side, and those who I will be outreaching and sharing Christ's love to-- BUT I can not get caught up in the application/preparation process of what is to come with Mission Year. I must live life fully in the moment and concentrate and savor where I am at currently. I am currently a youth group leader at Plymouth Congregational Church-- and there are many hearts that have been deeply wounded who need truth spoken in to them! In every way we must be thankful for everything we encounter including the trials, struggles and redemption. I have been very blessed through out my life and I am thankful for many things =) Live life to the fullest.
Genesis 12:2 "I will bless you... and you will be a blessing"
We are the beloved of God-- "so we become the love of God, blessing those He loves"



No comments:
Post a Comment