Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Costa Rica Mission's Trip-- chaperoning
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope this letter finds you well. It has been a good start to 2013. On top of my plans after I graduate college on May 11, I will be able to serve in other ways this summer before I leave for my Mission Year experience. As you know, I recently started being a high school youth group leader within my church home last year, Plymouth Congregational Church. I have an amazing opportunity to be a chaperone for their mission's trip this summer! God has been faithful in my life giving me countless opportunities to outreach and love on these high school students. I have grown close with a lot of the students and I am more than excited to help lead them on a cross-cultural mission's experience.
This summer the missions trip is to Costa Rica. The dates are June 29 through July 7th. We will be putting on a Vacation Bible School soccer camp in the city of Pozos, Costa Rica. Pozos is a rural village in the mountains of Costa Rica southwest of the capital, San Jose. The soccer camp is from 9am – noon and lasts for five days and consists of three parts: soccer drills, zone time, and scrimmage. During the zone time, we share with the kids the message of Jesus and the good news that He died so they can go to heaven if they receive Him as their Savior.
We will be staying at a Christian camp called Taller Del Maestro, which means Workshop of the
Master. In the afternoon we are planning on helping out in any way we can around the camp.
We are looking forward to how God will use our group to bring Him glory in Costa Rica.
In order for me to go I need your help. First, please pray for me, and the team that I will be
going with this summer. Pray that we will stay close to God, work well together as a team, and
finish all the planning necessary to go to Costa Rica.
Second, I need your help financially. The total cost of the missions trip is $1700. We will be
doing several fundraisers over the next several months to help raise money as a group, but I
also need others to help me out individually so I have the entire amount to go this summer. I
would appreciate if you would prayerfully consider giving. If you do, please make the check
payable to Plymouth Church with my name on the memo section of the check. Please mail the
check back to me (1324 Elmwood Ave Lower Unit Oshkosh WI 54901)and I will turn it in to our church. I appreciate your help so I can serve God this summer in Costa Rica with the high school youth group.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me (920-42-5232 or always.smile4you@gmail.com). Thank you again!
God Bless,
Amber Mrstik
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment